Overall Job Purpose
To provide management and support for core back office Microsoft Services in the company but with a particular focus around a hybrid Exchange and Lync environment with 70% of mailboxes placed in the cloud and a Skype for Business that is entirely O365 based and federated with a number of third parties.
The candidate will ensure the Exchange service (including Outlook) and Skype for Business remains fit for purpose and available 24/7. This will include but not be limited to the delivery, support and maintenance of primary and shared mailboxes, mail contacts, distribution lists, resource mailboxes and GAL synchronisations across the hybrid architectures. They will maintain a focus on E2E service security, transport security and manage tooling associated with Email Protection.
The candidate will ensure the AD service remains fit for purpose and available 24/7 across all of its capabilities. They will have experience and be capable of fully managing an O365 AD integrated domain, the synchronisation and management of the E2E service while also being able to actively develop the service and its architecture and supporting the consumers of the service. They will ensure AD remains relevant to our developing business.
The candidate will be able to develop the service and its integration across other Microsoft products and disciplines. They will ensure both Exchange and Skype remains relevant to our ever developing business needs and help develop Skype into a unified communication service by working closely with telephony SME. They will develop Microsoft Teams as a collaboration mechanism.
The candidate will have worked in a medium to large enterprise and have gained their knowledge through practical experience, training and certification; They will enjoy the challenge of continuous improvement and change and always look to deliver the best outcome for the customer.
In addition to this primary role the candidate will be expected to assist in the support of Active Directory services in a mixed on-premise/Office Azure configuration.
- Operational responsibility of Exchange and Skype for Business and its associated services to provide a 24/7 service
- Support and maintenance of an on-premise and Azure / Office 365 synchronised AD domain, including the increasing use of Azure AD join capabilities.
- Support and maintenance of on-premise and cloud based services including mail flow rules and service security
- Develop the service to maintain a relevant architecture
- Support service consumers in its use and troubleshooting
- Responsibility for service availability, security and SLA associated to change
- Secondary support for Active Directory services
- A wealth of recent experience in relevant Microsoft disciplines
- O365 Exchange 2013 management and operation
- On-premise Exchange environments in a hybrid configuration
- Mailbox, Distribution Groups, Contacts, Resource Mailboxes and exchange configuration management
- Skype for Business (cloud and hybrid) configuration, management and support
- Proven experience in supporting Microsoft Active Directory and any of its associated services including DNS, Security Groups and their integration with Exchange.
- An inquisitive and engaging personality that looks to innovate and continuously improve to deliver the best possible experience to the customer
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure while taking ownership of issues
- Experience of working across technology disciplines in order to deliver the best outcomes
- Ability to work standalone or as part of a team
- Understanding of ITIL processes - Incident, problem and change and a good knowledge of IT Operations
- Flexible and reactive
- Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity of Service-Now.
- Microsoft certified in relevant areas.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.