Leading Investment Bank is currently searching for an Accounting Policy VP to support their Global Corporate Finance team. The purpose of this role is to partner with the Lines of Business and Corporate Controllers by providing accounting expertise in structuring transactions and new products and in addressing issues arising from the implementation of new accounting standards and policies
- Provide technical accounting support for business or corporate-aligned activities as well as large or unusual transactions, partnering with internal business and finance teams.
- Monitor developments in accounting standards and represent the Firm at relevant industry forums.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies.
- Prepare and conduct internal education sessions on accounting standards and policies.
- Key point of contact to provide technical support to senior management and businesses on accounting and control related matters.
- Lead responsibility in developing and implementing accounting policies and monitoring policy exceptions.
- Responsible for implementing new accounting standards.
- Key Lead in representing the Firm in external forums, including meetings with standard-setters, regulators, external auditors and industry groups.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Currently working in a technical accounting or accounting advisory role
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS, particularly in relation to financial instruments. A reasonable working knowledge of US GAAP is also preferable.
- Proven ability in analysing complex transactions
- Strong academic background – minimum 2:1 degree
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders across to the business including the front office, Global Head of Business Head and therefore you should have exceptional interpersonal skills. The position offers career progression into the Head of Accounting Policy in the future.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.