Accounting Policy VP/London/£-Market Rate
Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced Accounting Policy VP to join their team in London. This role has been created through an internal move and is an ideal opportunity for a banking technical accountant looking to be the key point of contact for policy, complex transactions and new activity approvals.
- Key role in the analysis of complex transactions and new activity proposals from the Business.
- Prepare clear, accurate technical accounting memorandums defining the accounting treatment under IFRS
- Point of contact for the Business in respect of accounting policy queries including the discussion of potential transactions in the earlier structuring phase in order to help the Business understand the accounting consequences of the various alternatives
- Coordinating with operational specialists to ensure accounting policy analysis is received with sufficient time to assess the operational implementation aspects.
- Represent Finance at the transactions and new approvals committee
- Accounting Policy/Technical Accounting Experience from a Leading Investment Bank or working for the Big 4 with Banking clients - Essential
- ACA/ACCA Qualified with post qualified experience - Essential
- Strong knowledge of the Accounting treatments for financial instruments i.e. derivatives - Essential
- Proven Experience of accounting judgements in the application of IFRS to complex capital markets transactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and initiate area for process improvements
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business, it is therefore essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills. The role offers a clear progression path to the Head of Accounting Policy role in the future and offers a strong flexible working culture.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.