Global Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced technical accountant to join their London desk on a 12 month FTC. This role is a maternity cover and will support the Group Accounting Policy function.
- Prepare and advise on Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies.
- Evaluate accounting opinions on complex transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Group Functions and Global Business teams, including the risk management functions.
- Technical support on the implementation of new accounting standards to Finance and Business teams.
- Investigate the Group's response to future accounting developments, writing public responses to new standards, exposure drafts and discussion papers.
- Examine changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal disclosure requirements that will have an impact on the Group's external financial reporting.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Proven Accounting Policy/Technical Accounting experience
- Experience within a banking environment - highly desirable
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS - in particular IFRS9
- Excellent knowledge of financial instruments i.e. Derivatives
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Please note it is essential you are able to start a new position in January 2020 and therefore you should be immediately available or have a maximum one month notice period.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.