Leading insurer is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Operations team based in Reigate. The role has been created as a result of exponential growth enabling the previous incumbent to progress internally. The role will report to the Finance Operations Manager and will have daily interaction with other senior stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly budgets and expense reports.
- Balance sheet reconciliation and evaluation.
- Preparation and maintenance of expense journals.
- Undertaking the analysis and subsequent evaluation of unreconciled items and reporting noteworthy conclusions to senior stakeholders.
- Providing continuous support for the Finance Operations team by undertaking numerous month end processes.
- Currently studying a professional financial qualification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA).
- Highly numerate and strong attention to detail.
- Must be proficient at Excel (use of formulae and pivot tables).
- Proven experience in an accounting function (insurance or financial services preferred).
The role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders across the businesses different functions. Consequently it is essential that you have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. The role offers a competitive salary and benefits package with a clear path for progression in an organisation experiencing rapid growth in a rewarding industry.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.