Due to an ambitious growth plan, this internationally operating and innovative insurance firm is now looking to add an experienced Pricing Actuary to their Technical Pricing team at their big and central office in Paris.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the relevant pricing models and providing support to respective underwriting teams.
- Analyse external and internal data to build and validate technical pricing models;
- Support the development and deployment of pricing models and ensure that models comply with the Technical Pricing Framework (“TPF”) and Pricing Policy;
- Support the business and underwriters on other actuarial related matters such as reserving and Internal Model parameterisation which are performed by Group Actuarial;
- Support underwriters in actuarial & technical issues, including case pricing, expense allocation, renewal monitoring, expected Loss Cost calculations and business planning, challenging where appropriate;
- Develop a strong working relationship with the senior management team, underwriters and Underwriting Management within the division as well as in the support unit in their headquarters in London;
- Work with management to monitor the performance of the business, for example in the Class Performance Reviews, giving an independent opinion on the quality of the risks written and by improving business performance through portfolio analysis.;
- Coach new/junior members in the team where required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills in French and English (both oral and written)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Actuarial Pricing Experience
- Attention to detail and ability to self-check your work
- Experience in European underwriting classes and environment desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- SAS, VBA and SQL advantageous
- Experience in being challenged and defending own views and position
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.