My client is a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. Priding themselves on their outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders, they maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture.
You will be working within the insurance segment as part of the Data & Analytics team, building a strong working relationship with the actuaries and underwriters while supporting their data and analytical requirements. You will be responsible for gathering requirements from the business users and for designing, developing and maintaining reporting solutions using SQL Server, working closely with the Business Intelligence and IT teams to inform and validate their developments. You will have a critical eye and a tenacious approach to weeding out unexpected issues with data, whether caused by back-end processes or mistakes during data-capture.
- Building an understanding of data systems and how they tie in with underwriting, claims and financial data
- Extracting, processing and reconciling data to be used by the actuarial team in the first instance, and later by the wider business
- Responding to ad-hoc data requests from the actuaries and the wider business
- Improving the methods by which the business consumes data, with consistency and efficiency as the underpinning principles
- Helping the business to understand how they can make better use of the data available
- Keeping track of data issues and providing constructive feedback to BI and IT
- Diagnosing, fixing and re-writing existing processes
- Assisting actuaries with development of analytical tools, pricing models and the production of management information
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- SQL - 3 years of experience constructing and optimizing queries for an enterprise-level RDBMS
- Excellent communication skills
- Insurance industry experience
- Lloyd's Market experience
- Excel/Access/VBA - at least two years of experience working with VBA plus either MS Excel or MS Access
- SSIS/Power BI/Tableau - experience developing graphical representations of data and deploying to web platforms
- Experience with actuarial techniques
- Other programming languages
- Other database experience
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.