This is an opportunity to join my client's Software Development team in London. This team supports the client's internal teams by providing analysis of existing code bases to the creation of new software products to provide their clients with the solution that best suits their needs.
Project activities can range from analysis of how an existing piece of functionality operates to new developments of existing products to complete new products.
You will be part of a small team delivering new projects using an Agile methodology, whilst also supporting existing products and functionality in BAU.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of our client's organisation and market.
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the project context, objectives and significance to the Clients' and the Organisation's needs.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Over time, to support in the production of Functional and Technical specification documentation and be able to communicate change impact to all stakeholders.
- Contribution and/or lead Client relationship meetings as required by the project lead.
- Act as a bridge between the Client Services team and the internal development team. Elicit, analyse, and document requirements and specifications and be the conduit to establishing common understanding with the client and other internal teams.
- (With guidance) - Prepare/contribute and maintain a variety of project management tools including (but not limited to) High level planning, testing strategies, Change Requests, RAID logs and Defects logs.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in testing programmes, including quality assurance and regression testing.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- To actively contribute to internal weekly status reporting for assigned projects for the consumption of the Organisation's Management team.
Experience / Requirements
- London Market Insurance experience - either directly or experience working with a related area, eitherwithinabroking business or related organisation. This experience may include projects that include -
- business process reengineering,
- change management,
- system testing/ system acceptance, &
- data management and systems rationalization
- Business analysis experience in similar roles managing the priorities and needs of multiple stakeholders and driving them to achieve business case deliverables, on time, of the right quality and on budget.
- Ability to run design workshops to come to the required technical solution for a client requirement
- Understands the components of running a successful project.
- Understand when escalation is required and the channels available for use.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to interact with and influence c-suite members.
- Enthusiastic team member and self-starter.
- Strong MS office skills - specifically in Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Software testing - this may be as a software end-user or as business analyst.
- Experience or awareness of XML /ACORD standards/ messaging standards.
- Operational/process excellence experience with ability to understand and map business processes and influence others to appraise alternate approaches.
- Ideally has experience with an internationally recognized methodology, e.g. Agile, PRINCE2, SSADM.
- Experience of using ALM tools, ideally Azure DevOps.
- The opportunity to join an expanding leading software house at an exciting time.
- Competitive salary based on experience - £50-£60k
- 25 days holidays per annum
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical, optician and dentistry cover
- Season ticket travel loan *1
- Flexible work hours and opportunities to work from home
- Development and training budget for value-add courses, conferences or educational materials
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.