Assistant Accountant - Insurance - £25,000 - £30,000
Growing Insurance Broker is currently searching for an Assistant Accountant to join their team in London. This role will support the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly and daily accounts, ensuring all transactions are monitored and accurately recorded.
- Preparation of monthly accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and Board Packs
- Reconciliation of monthly FX variances
- Ensuring all invoices are recorded and approved in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring correct nominal coding is applied to all invoices and expenses
- Querying invoices where applicable
- Posting of intercompany transactions
- Preparation of weekly supplier payment run, ensuring payments are made within agreed credit terms
- Ensuring bank accounts are maintained and posted on the accounting system daily
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and reconciliation
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory reports (RMAR)
- Treasury - reviewing bank balances daily and assisting with periodic cashflow forecast
- Assisting with the preparation of periodical audits
- Other ad-hoc duties as outlined by line manager
- Currently working in an Assistant Accountant/Accounts Assistant role
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 Degree in a numerical subject
- System knowledge of SAGE Line 50 - Desirable
- Strong Excel Skills - Essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a key position for a growing insurance broker and the company is also able to provide study support to complete an accountancy qualification. The role offers realistic opportunities for career progression, as well as the chance to develop from working closely with experienced seniors.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.