Eames Consulting is partnered with a Real Estate Private Equity firm based in Mayfair looking for an Assistant Fund Accountant to join their small finance team. The firm is high performing, has an excellent market reputation and is known for its collaborative and inclusive working environment.
The Assistant Fund Accountant will be responsible for servicing the needs of a portfolio of real estate investments, liaising with third party administrators and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. As a key point of contact for the finance team, the successful candidate will need strong interpersonal skills and a business partnering mind set.
Assistant Fund Accountant duties:
- Assisting with the investor drawdowns / distribution process and performing call reconciliations and distribution payments
- Reconciliations and liaison with portfolio companies and Luxembourg offices
- Reviewing quarterly management accounts, financial statements and other documents produced by the fund administrators
- Liaising with external administrators
- Managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes for all entities
- Assist in the financial management of the portfolio companies
- Review and prepare basic VAT and corporation tax returns and other regulatory filings
- Assisting with the year-end audit process including preparation of relevant files and resolution of any issues
- Assist the fund administrators in the accounts preparation process
Assistant Fund Accountant profile:
- Experience in fund administration/fund accounting either in house or from a fund administrator and (preferably) part way through ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification (or international equivalent)
- Understanding of private equity/ real estate accounting duties and challenges
- Strong written communication; ability to write and deliver finance reports to the wider business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word/ Excel
This position would suit a part qualified fund accountant coming from a small/medium sized investment manager or a fund administration business looking for a "step up" in responsibility, a variety of duties and clear progression path. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please click to apply.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.