Supports the Senior Audit Manager in managing the regional group audit operations and delivering group planned audit activities within mainland China and other countries in the region (in coordination and cooperation with the local audit teams) from risk assessment to plan and engagement execution and providing assurance to Regional/ Local Top Management on the respective control environment.
- Assists the Senior Audit Manager in preparing various Quarterly reports on Internal Audit Activities in China, as well as across the region;
- Assists the Senior Audit Manager in analyzing, proposing and recommending changes to policies and procedures in order to maintain the structure of internal controls and conform to applicable external regulations; and
- Stays up-to-date with changes in the industry and analyzes the impact of those changes on the business.
- Contributes, using breadth and depth of knowledge of the business, to the internal audit risk assessment, by providing a detailed understanding of risks faced within respective area of responsibility.
- Contributes to annual plan development and maintenance.
- Responsible for planning, scoping and delivering of the audit engagements identified in the plan;
- Responsible for making professional judgments/ decisions throughout the audit, ensuring that such judgments/ decisions are documented and managing/ escalating issues (as needed);
- Responsible for preparing Audit Plan Memo, Risk & Control Matrix, meeting minutes, Issues Log, ToR, and Audit Reports;
- Prepare the draft audit reports and assists the Senior Audit Manager in discussion and agreement of audit reports, as well as corrective actions with top management;
- Assists the Senior Audit Manager in managing good relations with top management, external auditors and other departments in GARO;
- Assists the Senior Audit Manager in managing stakeholder relations/ interactions; and
- Contributes to the team in terms of professional skills, technical knowledge, energy and motivation.
College Degree or equivalent, ideally in finance, law, insurance/ financial services/ management; IA professional certification holder (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA) or relevant technical qualification.
Experience in the insurance business as an Audit Manager with 7+ years’ experience in an external accounting firm or in an Audit business field and a sound knowledge/understanding of Risk Management, Governance and Controls standards. Familiar with CBIRC regulations and experience with audit and/or risk management projects in insurance companies in China will be a plus.
Frequent travels within Asia region will be requested, with special regards to Mainland China (up to 40-50% of available capacity). Occasional travels across Group regions may be required.
Fully proficient in English and Mandarin. Able to write reports in both English and Simplified Chinese.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.