Our client is an independent, regional trade association which represents the region’s leading financial institutions to regulators, policymakers, and other stakeholders in Asia. They are currently looking for a Compliance Associate to join their Compliance and Tax team in Hong Kong to assist in managing its compliance and tax committees / working groups’ activities and initiatives in the region.
This role reports to the Head of Compliance and Tax.
- Support the Compliance and Tax team. The scope of this role would cover, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist and support the Compliance and Tax team and be responsible for the running and coordination of designated committees and working groups in the region, including planning, preparations, taking meeting minutes, and drafting/completing follow-up actions.
- Communicate directly with members verbally or in writing to solicit their opinions or impart information about regulatory / market developments;
- Assist in drafting the response letters and consolidating industry comments for public consultations on relevant rules / regulations;
- Monitor market development and identify publications and research / news articles that support the Compliance and Tax team’s objectives and initiatives;
- Perform research related to a specific assignment and drafting reports on the findings;
- Assist in organizing conferences / seminars / workshops or other relevant events of the designated committees;
- • Assist with the drafting of reports for stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in finance, economics, law or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the financial markets (preferably compliance, regulation, legal or tax and Asian markets experience).
- Analytic skills necessary to understand the legal and regulatory issues and markets affecting the industry and the workings and development of the capital markets.
- Knowledge of operational, middle office and front office aspects of the capital markets would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to priorities multiple tasks.
- Strong spread sheet, database management and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for business correspondence and advocacy purposes.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is required; business proficiency in an Asian language, ideally Mandarin Chinese, would be a plus.
- Team player
- Good listener and persuasive speaker
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and exercise good judgment
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, able to think outside the box and make connections through lateral thinking