Exciting opportunity for a seasoned candidate with prior experience in regulatory affairs/compliance/ policy to join the International Regulatory Development (IRD) team of this global insurance specialist.
Core responsibilities for this team include managing regulatory communications and dialogue, lobbying for maintenance or improvement of trading rights - including negotiation of new licences - and monitoring and responding to legislative and regulatory developments.
Key responsibilities -
- Support regulatory aspects and negotiations for new licence acquisition, provide regulatory input and expertise to support the development of global market access strategies and models
- In collaboration with other functions, support regulatory projects/initiatives that impact on our global business
- Monitor and respond to regulatory threats to protect our existing trading rights and support lobbying for sustained or improved trading rights for the business.
- Support regulatory projects/initiatives that have impact on our global business.
- Maintain and support our relationships and credibility with international regulators and support international representatives in their communications with regulators.
- Provide thought leadership and clear guidance on international regulatory requirements.
- In collaboration with other functions, support the Investigation and Standards Assurance process resulting from international regulatory non-compliance and other issues creating international regulatory risk.
- Support the management of relationships between IRA and key stakeholders, including regulators, auditors, market associations and participants, key service-providers, international offices and Corporation departments.
Key skills and experience required -
- Demonstrable influencing & negotiating skills
- Effective networking and stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience in a similar role and able to handle complex business/regulatory issues
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and professional environment
- Ability to understand and participate in complex projects and improve processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a diverse range of priorities and tasks in parallel
- Ability to cope with change in a positive and constructive manner
- Knowledge of international regulatory environment, regimes and requirements
- Insurance market knowledge
- Knowledge of legal principles and their application in a commercial environment
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.