Exciting opportunity to join this expand international broker. Supporting their operations teams in a KYC (Know Your Customer) and client on-boarding capacity you will working closely with the business and Risk and Compliance functions.
Previous expeirence in a similar role within the insurance sector essential.
- Engage with business, Compliance function and Market Security Committee to run end-to-end KYC process and also ad-hoc KYC checks as and when required
- Utilise third party software screening and other public sources to obtain information required
- Support to the Operations team in all activities as required, but not limited to:
- MI Reviews and provision of summary reports
- Ensuring that the Operations manuals are kept up to date as indicated by the Operations team
- Attending meetings as required
- Business analysis support and completion of process documentation as required.
- Ownership of Intranet operations folders and ongoing maintenance of content
- Supplier and third- party support activities as required
- Conduct entity and individual (directors and shareholders), KYC searches and screening to support client on-boarding in line with risk- based KYC procedures checks to include company registration, regulatory status, sanctions, PEPs, adverse media and credit rating
- Conduct verbal verification's of client, intermediary and market bank account details
- Review and track flagged items and liaise with Compliance function to respond back to business
- Use KYC screening to perform due diligence reviews and risk assessments on new and existing clients
- Ensure processes are in place and kept up to date, to report on flagged items and maintain up to date recording of work being undertaken
- When KYC screening and management not required, assist Broking Operations tasks such as conducting file reviews and TOBA management
- Administer KYC controls across Broking and Broking Operations
- Maintain and complete broker questionnaires as and when required.
- TOBA maintenance and support. Including and not limited to: business unit focal point for initial requirements. Supplier liaison (as appropriate). Management and maintenance of all TOBA records in line with requirements. Market liaison as required.
- Maintain continual professional development to keep up to date with current and forthcoming laws and regulations
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of having worked in financial services, preferably the insurance industry
- Knowledge of KYC and related processes
- An understanding of FCA regulation as it applies to insurance
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an aptitude to forensically use data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to take accountability and ownership of tasks and projects
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and to collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams (notably Risk & Compliance, Broking Operations and Broking)
- Strong drive and resilience under pressure and ability to work independently
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and in particular excel
- Be a role model for the Firm's desired behaviours, values and culture.
- Ensure actions and behaviours are in line with the FCA Conduct Rules
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.