Growing life insurer in the region is seeking experienced insurance auditors to join their established life insurance audit function.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform audit assignments to identify key control deficiencies/issues and communicate to respective auditees on a timely basis for implementation.
- Participate in the development of the annual audit plan and audit methodology. Through regular and proactive interaction with management, as well as analysis of management information and business activities, propose to head of internal audit services areas of focus based on sound rationale and control assessment.
- Prepare audit planning memorandum, audit definition page, issue register, draft audit report and working papers comply with IIA and internal standards for respective audit assignments.
- Manage relationships with assigned work areas and follow up on agreed management action plans to provide independent advice and prevent overdue actions.
- Produce and communicate monthly outstanding audit issue reports to work area mangers on the implementation status.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly audit committee materials.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in business / finance.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with investment/insurance background.
- CPA / CIA / CISA.
- Strong knowledge of insurance products, operational processes, accounting principles, and control concept.
- Expert in auditing techniques and risk management concepts.
- Expert in local laws and regulations governing insurance business activities.
- Highly competent in managing and executing audit projects.
- Highly competent in managing relationships, negotiation skills, and communicate issues in oral and written forms.
- Highly competent in problem solving, analysing complex processes, and conducting risk assessments.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (fluent Putonghua will be an advantage).