Great opportunity for an experienced compliance professional with a strong background in financial Crime to join the compliance function of the specialist re/insurance broker. This is a 12 month maternity leave contract.
Reporting to the Global Head of Compliance & Risk and is based in London. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the (re)insurance broking sector including Lloyd's of London.
You will act as the primary contact with the global broking teams and the corporate functions, acting as a business advisor and enabler.
Key Responsibilities include:
Work closely with the Broking Teams, Operations and other key stakeholders to advise upon Trading Partner relationships and assist in their onboarding and maintenance:
- Identifying the nature and type of relationship (co-broker, placing, producing
- Identifying correct counterparty;
- Conducting due-diligence including dismissing of potential sanctions, enforcement and adverse media hits;
- Issuing and negotiating on correct TOBAs;
- Ongoing maintenance and supervision of relationships.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of trading partner relationships,including related correspondence, supporting documentation and onboarding due diligence.
- Advising on and drafting of TOBAs, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Transfer of Business Agreements and other related contractual or insurance documents.
- Advising upon licensing requirements to ensure business is permitted to transact and/or place business in specific markets/jurisdictions. Ensuring compliance with all.
- Responsibility for third party payment approvals including ensuring the Firm's policies are followed, key stakeholders are kept up-to-date and escalation taken where required.
- Identifying and advising upon potential sanctions issues, including recognizing when issues might occur, escalating where required, providing appropriate guidance and commercial solutions in a timely and accurate manner. Liaising with business and other stakeholders to advance the matter.
- Responding to intermediary questionnaires from third parties regarding their onboarding requirements.
- Prepare, compile and collate compliance data and MI.
- Assist with the maintenance of various registers, such as Gifts & Entertainment, Complaints and others.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and communications.
Experience & Skills required:
- Proven track record in the Lloyd's of London market and knowledge of reinsurance
- Experience of alert handling potential sanction, enforcement and adverse media hits
- Experience of recognizing potential financial crime issues and red flags including ABC fraud and sanction concerns
- Experience of making risk-based judgements and knowing when to escalate
- Excellent understanding of FCA's regulatory priorities
- Knowledge of insurance broking chains
- Capable of operating independently or with limited supervision
- Strong organizational and presentational skills
- Professional, diplomatic and balanced
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Proactive with excellent problem solving and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to handle a varied and diverse workload
- Ability to follow instructions, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Legal experience preferred
- Experience of using Bureau van Dijk's ORBIS and Compliance Catalyst preferred
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.