Newly created role as a key leader within this group compliance function.
This role is responsible for ensuring the ongoing implementation, maintenance and testing of the group’s conduct risk compliance framework and with all relevant statutory regulations and policies.
As a senior member of the team you will report directly to the chief compliance officer whilst leading a small team and providing on the ground support to selected countries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the second line of defense, partner with the business to manage compliance risk within the defined risk appetite, identify activities to monitor compliance risks and report on results to relevant committees.
- Manage compliance projects that relate to major compliance risks such as data privacy, AML and distribution risks and work with the country teams to review control procedures when new regulatory requirements arise.
- Provide advice to the business on internal mitigation activities including control effectiveness and training and awareness campaigns.
- Identification of key risk areas, assessment of impact from control breakdowns and advice on remediation and enhancement.
Knowledge & experience required:
- Over 10 years’ experience at a senior level in compliance in insurance.
- Relevant tertiary degree(s).
- Compliance accreditation from a recognised industry body would be an advantage.
- Experienced in the ongoing monitoring and measurement of the effectiveness of compliance programs including financial crime and distribution compliance is mandatory for this role.
- AML/ CFT and distribution risk management experience within insurance is mandatory.
- General compliance management and leadership experience.
- Good understanding of the insurance regulatory environment and different lines of business.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel will be required within the region.