My client is a leading business intelligence, knowledge and academics business. They are operating at the heart of the Knowledge and Information Economy.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, they have more than 11,000 employees globally, with presence in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The successful candidate will be joining the companies Head Office based in Westminster, London.
The AWS DevOps Automation Engineer is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Design, delivery, operation and lifecycle management of code repositories, pipeline and continuous deployment release chains
- Creation of Amazon AWS Accounts and VPC's using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Monitoring & maintenance of website availability, provision of production service support, and investigation into production incidents
- Production support websites and databases, and operations assistance
- Ensure that websites and platforms adhere to the corporate standard relating to security and governance
- Ensure systems have backup and recovery plans which are fully implemented
What they need to see from you:
- Hands-on AWS experience within a commercial environment (ideally 2+ years)
- Solid understanding of code pipelines & release chains
- AWS hosting
- Linux server administration
- Knowledge of AWS CloudFormation, EC2, S3, and similar technologies
- Understanding of AWS security layers like VPCs/NACLs, Security Groups, IAM roles, etc
- Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation and Terraform
- Server and application configuration experience using Ansible
Bonus points for experience with:
- AWS Associate Certification
- Good working knowledge and experience of ANY of PHP, Java, .Net, OR IIS
- Windows server administration
- Understanding of Agile Scrum
- Microservice architecture
- Understanding of DNS architectures and systems
What to expect
My client believes in promoting a supportive, diverse and inclusive environment in which colleagues can use their energy and ambition to make a difference at work and within the community. This approach to working conditions has been recognised by the UK Top Employer Institute.
As an international business operating in many different markets, they stand by the importance of colleagues around the world being able to equally contribute, be heard, and hopefully be inspired.
Alongside generous rewards packages, they offer development opportunities to help colleagues build a rewarding career; employees are encouraged to develop new skills, build networks and explore new challenges by contributing to projects.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.