A Defined Benefits Data Analyst is required within a leading insurance firm to work on a an initial 3 month contract basis, initially from home.
This contract is paying £500 a day inside IR35.
The Defined Benefit Data Analyst role reports to the Product Technical Lead, with the primary focus of ensuring all incoming client defined benefit data is successfully migrated to our pensions administration system.
Working under the direction of the Technical Lead and Scrum Master, the Defined Benefit Data Analyst will work as an integral part of the installations scrum team to ensure that the incoming data is analysed against the benefit structure of the scheme, validated, mapped to our target database and is reconciled successfully from source to target.
The role requires the associate to:
- Analyse and interpret incoming client data
- Identify issues within the incoming data by reference to the expectations set by the incoming scheme benefit structure
- Utilise SQL to a sufficiently high standard to support that analysis process
- Document the source to target mapping for client data along with any data migration logic
- Support the migration developers in the realisation of that mapping into executable migration code
- Reconcile the test outputs from the data migration exercise against the source data to ensure data is migrated accurately
- Support the calculation and workflow analysts with queries related to the target data
- Apply your skills as a member of a focused, technically competent data team that prides themselves on excellence. This position requires a passion for technical detail together with effective analysis and problem solving skills.
- In this role, understanding and experience of UK Defined Benefit data is required
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong IT skills, including good experience of direct database use (with good SQL skills)
- Strong understanding of database table design, dependencies and relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills to include strong written and verbal communication
- Strong experience of dealing with Defined Benefit pension schemes
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise your own workload
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.