My client is a vibrant insurance provider within the specialist Lloyd's market, providing dynamic insurance risk solutions, underwriting Specialty, Marine, Property and Casualty.
The successful candidate will sit within the IT department, reporting in to the BI manager.
The Business Intellegence Developer is responsible for designing and developing the multi-dimensional Enterprise Data Warehouse, ETL and reporting processes to support the business in its need to provide Regulatory, Financial, Operational and Analytical data demand.
Development to deliver to key functions such as Insurance, Reinsurance, Finance and Actuarial.
Developing SQL Stored Procedures, ETL packages to extract and load data, SASS design and development and Reporting to support business demand.
- Work within BI Team data to update existing/implement new features to the multi-dimensional data warehouse and ETL processes ultimately expanding the functionality of the data warehouse.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that model towards a self-service data capability for business users.
- Developing cubes, reporting, automated data feeds
- Create and maintain documentation of application and solutions
- Assist with the running of scheduled processes
- Provide analysis and extracts of data as requested by the business
- Liaise with business to resolve issues with reports/applications
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks or controls as detailed in the company's Risk Framework
- Work with manager to ensure that risks associated with own role are understood and managed
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks particularly with own role
- Responsible for reporting any existing or new risks, as well as significant control failings/weaknesses or events that may arise, to the Risk team or your manager
- Maintain an understanding of and comply with all relevant FCA / PRA / Lloyd's and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Maintain a clear understanding of the Health and Safety policies
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures at all times
- In performing your role, you are required to pay due regard to the interests of Neon's customers to ensure they receive fair treatment at all times
- You must behave ethically at all times, so as to safeguard not only Neon's reputation and brand, but also that of Lloyd's
Data Entry, Recording & Reporting
- Accurately maintain and share data in accordance with company data governance policies, ensuring the right information is available to the right people at the right time
- Exposure Management
This role is suitable for candidates with experience in a BI developer, or similar role. Ideally you will have some experience in the insurance industry or similar financial services.
Experience & Knowledge:
- At least 5+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 onward
- Strong SQL and ETL knowledge
- In Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS,SSAS,SSRS)
- Experience in capturing user requirements and translating into technical solutions
- Strong DWH principles, approaches, best practises and methodologies to implement a solution
- Relational database design principles
- Familiarity with Kimball Data model
- Experience working in an Agile environment using SCRUM, Kanban methodology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills - including writing macros in VB or VBA
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Azure DevOps using TFS or Git source control
- 2:1 in Computer Science or other relevant degree
- A-Level maths
- Experience with Pyramid, Power BI or other Analytics tools
- Other programming languages C#, R or Python would be an advantage
- Ability to think of bigger picture and suggest longer term benefits in BI space
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Take responsibility and use their own initiative
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.