Our client is looking for experienced Bid Manager to join their EMEA Sales Effectiveness Team that is aligned with and supports the execution of their ICT commercial strategy.
This role reports directly to the Director of Bid Management and will partner closely with EMEA regional leadership, sales leadership and commercial teams to secure multi-million dollar consulting and technology new business & renewals.
- Provides full 'end to end' deal pursuit support across the opportunity life cycle for assigned offensive/defensive 'business critical' bids. Identifies, gathers and co-ordinates the collection of all key inputs required to respond and compete effectively, whether the opportunity be generated through RFI, RFP or commercial lead generation.
- Actively participates in the process of identifying the bid team, developing a winning strategy, key messaging, executive summary and differentiated insight, including challenge where needed to develop a compelling and client centric proposition.
- Manages and coordinate inputs from a variety of stakeholders and experts to drive the bid strategy forwards, ensuring regular communication with all relevant team members and clarity of next steps, ownership, timelines etc.
- Oversees and contributes to the development of high quality and compelling final response documents, leveraging the in-house Design team.
- Ensures that ICT's global proposal process is followed, advocates best practices and helps free up the time of commercially focused pitch team members to sell/create client value.
- Helps to improve win rates through participating in win/loss debriefs, capturing and socialising success in region (for example through win-flashes), therefore enabling the business to apply lessons learnt in an actionable way.
- Partners with the SET leadership team to share best practices and content that helps product management and marketing teams develop key value propositions, campaign messaging and proposition innovation for regional/local sales campaigns.
- Updates and contributes to the bid content resource centre, facilitating greater and more efficient self-service to the library of key assets, materials and best practices.
- Acts as coach/mentor resource for defined smaller client accounts. Checks in periodically /as requested to support account and team growth.
Desirable extra skills and experience:
- Proven experience of successfully delivering structured, high-value and complex bids from early inception through to lessons learnt, preferably within the insurance sector or a similar type of professional service that sells consulting, technology and analytical solutions.
- A structured and professional approach to full end to end bid management (potentially with some type of project management / planning background) and capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines whilst confidently managing complex, multi-workstream opportunities.
- Comfort with influencing and developing compelling and successful win strategies, the ability to coach diverse teams towards optimal differentiated and client centric bid approaches, and demonstration of commercial awareness.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, supported by strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to translate complex technical information into clear, audience-appropriate messages.
- Energetic and positive approach to problem solving and comfort with ambiguity, deadlines and multiple/sometimes competing deadlines.
- Fluency in a second European Language would be desirable, particularly French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- Availability to travel 10-15% of time.
If you are interested, please apply with your updated CV now!
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.