A Business Analyst is required within a leading insurance/ underwriting firm to work on a an initial 6 month contract basis, initially from home.
This contract is paying up to £550 a day outside IR35.
A great opportunity has arisen reporting to the IT Delivery Manager to support the business analysis team, working on both BAU and strategic change initiatives.
We are seeking a Delegated Authority SME who can proactively work with key business stakeholders to ensure we deliver solutions which meet their needs.
The successful individual will need to have experience working within a fast paced, agile and dynamic working environment.
- The elicitation, analysis and validation of both system and business requirements to an appropriate level of detail to enable effective development of new or changed software, systems and business processes
- Managing product sprint cycles, working with the business to prioritise change, agreeing sprint scope with the business and development team and tracking the associated progress
- The management of requirements throughout the whole of the delivery lifecycle. Facilitating if necessary, the negotiation of trade-offs that are both acceptable to key stakeholders and within budgetary, technical, regulatory and any other constraints.
- Act as the conduit between IT, Operations, Data and Finance teams ensuring requirements are understood and each stakeholder has appropriate involvement
- Create new and potentially disruptive approaches to performing business activities in order to create new or improved products, services and/or improving effectiveness of operations
- Undertakes the build and design of business processes, developing process maps which accurately and clearly represent business processes to facilitate understanding and decision making in respect of potential solutions. Assesses the feasibility of business process changes and recommends new approaches where applicable
- Cross check business requirements against technical requirements to ensure alignment and provide appropriate challenge to ensure successful business outcomes
- To provide oversight and management of User Acceptance Testing utilising the appropriate techniques and tools. Reports on the outcome of testing and can translate and prioritise risk to ensure those risks associated with the change are understood by all stakeholders
- Utilises market knowledge to bring the art of the possible and creative thinking to solving business challenges
- Good working knowledge of Eclipse Broking/MGA
- Good working knowledge of Riskwrite
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and methodically
- A strong team player who is confident in their ability
- Experience of web and cloud technologies and agile methodologies
- Very strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with senior managers and other key internal and external stakeholders
- High impact presentation skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think strategically
- Proactively sharing 'what works best' with others across the organisation
- Actively listens to the views of colleagues and business leaders, but also has the strength of character to challenge where required to ensure operational excellence
- Planning, organising, and managing skills, and ability to prioritise
- Extensive experience gained in an insurance MGA or carrier environment
- Good understanding of Insurance Operations, Data, Credit Control and Finance
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.