- Identify and analyse the impact on risk management of new products and service enhancements for introduction into the securities clearing area.
- Liaise with product teams, IT and business operations areas to ensure that risk requirements are captured and documented as appropriate.
- Produce required project documentation (e.g. business requirements) outlining the business needs.
- Ensure that operational and external procedures are updated or produced as required.
- Work with colleagues to plan and develop solutions, ensuring that they are effectively communicated to project stakeholders.
- Define test scenarios for user acceptance testing and other relevant test phases.
- Execute/manage user acceptance testing and other relevant test phases, ensuring defects are raised appropriately.
- Ensure appropriate test documentation is reviewed and produced for all relevant test phases.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, both internal and external to progress requirements into development phase.
- Perform training and ensure knowledge is transferred to staff.
- Build strong relationships with all key individuals within first line risk, product teams, operations and IT.
Required skills and experience
- Experience of working on large scale projects and conducting business analysis.
- Experience of producing business requirements documents.
- Experience of producing UAT scripts, co-ordinating and executing tests.
- Educated to university degree level.
- Good understanding of risk margin models, such as Value at Risk (VaR)
- Demonstrates good knowledge of fixed income and equities products.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and demonstrates the ability to work within and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and of a pro-active nature.
- Experience of working in risk management.
Desired skills and experience
- Some experience of functional specification for systems.
- Knowledge of quality centre.
- Knowledge of project management and system development lifecycle.