A top tier bank is currently searching for a business analyst / project manager sitting within the market risk and control function. You will be responsible for the provision of all official market risk metrics and core analysis in support of risk management decision making.
- Review & update of remaining HV process maps / document next level of granularity & perform RCSA on underlying data transfer/quality controls and confirm controls.
- Business analysis of the changes being made in front office systems and their impact on market risk.
- Collating and documenting of requirements from stakeholders across market risk.
- Co-ordinating with market risk IT on changes that may be required in market risk systems to facilitate any front office migrations.
- Work with stakeholders including sponsors and market risk IT in planning and execution of user acceptance testing.
- Monitoring and reporting of key risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies arising in the front office migration.
- Helping develop a framework for how front office migrations should be handled going forward e.g (agreeing and documenting best practice, minimum testing standards etc)
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience at an international tier 1 bank or equivalent.
- A good understanding of market risk from a control, analysis and reporting perspective.
- A good understanding of front to back processes and operating models at a tier 1 investment bank.
- A proven track record of operating in a business management or consulting role or having experience in a role with similar responsibility (handling front office migrations for market risk).
- Effective organisational skills are required to manage stakeholders involved in front office migrations.
- Good understanding of market risk measures and methodology.
- Good product knowledge across one or multiple asset classes.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise whilst being responsive to ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and proactively forge relationships with key contacts is essential.
- Good team and people skills, working across geographical time zones.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
- High professional and ethical standards and delivery focussed.