Our client is a boutique leader within the Financial Services & London Markets sector, due to growth plans they are now looking to bring in a Business Applications Support Engineer, this individual will have a blend of technical experience but also be business-facing, you will be providing high-level application support whilst working with 3rd party / MSP.
The client is working on various applications consisting of Finance and HR so this ideal person will have an understanding of working on multiple applications.
- Provide technical application support to business functions within the organisation, and external providers as required.
- Design and maintain expertise in flow of application process and systems related to the business.
- Troubleshoot, own and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis; testing, acceptance and transition new services into Live. The role involves ensuring that business applications run smoothly, that the end users understand how to operate them effectively and efficiently and that proactive insights/suggestions for enhancements and improvements are made.
- SME owner of managed and in-house application portfolio
- Identify and evaluate technology solutions, supporting Enterprise Architecture
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Support testing, change & release
- Identify systemic patterns within the IT applications that can be translated into system improvements or changes.
- Creating bespoke reports for stakeholders
- Maintaining accurate documentation sets and performing knowledge transfer and best practise workshops as required.
- Onboard new users, process and modules
Skills and experience:
- Working in a 2nd tier application support and administration role.
- Proven track record in supporting an array of different technology stacked apps
- Broad understanding of security principles and high-level understanding of secure development
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases and reporting
- Basic network configuration understanding
- Working knowledge of SaaS and cloud technologies
- Exposure to working with both Development/Engineering teams and PMO
- Experience of or exposure to Workday, White Space/PPL, Open Twins (Desirable)
- Excellent verbal and technical communication skills with, the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Flexible approach and willing to work to working on a rota basis to provide necessary cover where needed.
- Understand and work within the ITIL Service Delivery framework.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary, without altering the nature or level of BAU responsibilities.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Excellent package on offer including a minimum 30 days holidays/ flex working/ working from home/ end of year bonus and prestigious location in the City.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.