Our client is looking for a Business Architect to join their organisation on a permanent basis at an exciting time of rapid growth. In line with this growth, our client understands that they must be forward-thinking and innovative in every respect, and this means continually improving their customer-focused business as well as providing system, solutions and technology to enable seamless growth and business innovation.
This role will be central to the delivery of the business agenda, the delivery capabilities within the architecture domain include Business, Technology, Data and Infrastructure architecture and all are critical to assuring delivery certainty of their ambitious business plans over the coming years. The position of the Business Architect will be pivotal to the success.
Alongside the Chief Architect and Senior Management team, you will support consistency and standardization of the operating model, supporting the strategic needs of key business stakeholders, in-line with the broader Enterprise Architecture and Technology Strategy.
Job Purpose & Key Objectives:
- Working with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy, business capability needs and ensure these are reflected within the Enterprise Architecture targets, roadmaps and plans.
- Ensuring any risks identified through capability gaps which could impact the strategic outcomes and goals are communicated and understood
- Ensure the business operating model supports consistent and effective operation and delivery through careful alignment of people, process and technology.
- Develop and evolve key Business Architecture artefacts including the Business Capability model and business roadmaps, in alignment with the broader enterprise architecture.
- Work with Business stakeholders to build investment cases to support evolution of the business's capability.
- Support the definition of business lenses and views of progress towards its goals to support active governance at a strategic level.
- Development of the organization's Business Architecture aligned with the broader Enterprise Architecture and business strategy
- Support the definition of business policy to support regulatory requirements.
- Development and evolution of capability model and the development of business roadmaps and plans for defining technology strategy
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of Business Operating Principles to guide strategic decision making and contribute to the definition of underpinning Enterprise Architecture Principles
- Lead the definition of Value Chains, Capability gap and optimization analysis, Scenario planning assessments and other architectural artefacts that guide the implementation of the Business Architecture
- Proactively collaborate with Business Lines, to ensure support for the enterprise architecture driven evolution approach
- Work with the Business to support the development and evolution of the Governance forums to ensure strategic alignment across the enterprise, and business objectives are met.
- Working with the Enterprise Architect, engage with and manage relationships with technology and business system vendors to ensure the best outcome
- Ensure that broad business architectural principles, standards, and best practices are applied, ensuring an effective and scalable business
Key Skills and Experience:
- A strong understanding of the insurance industry and the London Market and Specialty Insurance lines, or significant demonstrable Business Architecture experience in comparable complex service industries
- Strong Business Architecture skills with experience in a Business Architecture leadership role.
- Deep understanding of capability model and Value Chain definition.
- Familiarity with and experience of applying business architecture best practice and supporting bodies of knowledge such as BA Guild Bizbok - certification is an advantage
- Skilled at structured problem solving, not intimidated by large and complex problems, but able to analyze, breaking them down and solving piece by piece while keeping sight of the overall 'big picture'.
- Strong understanding of operating model definition and business process development at a high level.
- First-class skills and significant experience in the definition of Architectural artefacts e.g., architectural models, roadmaps, strategies, principles, standards, patterns within a Business Architecture context.
- Prior experience as a successful Business Architect supporting a data driven business.
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior business and technology stakeholders to create a trusted partnership for mutual benefit.
- Experience working for complex organisations undergoing complex and significant transformation, disruption and/or change.
- Knowledge and understanding of world class technology suppliers with a strong external perspective on developments and trends in technology.
- First class stakeholder management skills
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.