My client are a large Insurance organisation looking for a Business Architect to join them on a permanent bases.
Key skills / experience
- Several years of experience in the Insurance Industry, highly preferable London Market, with broad exposure to the key areas of the business: underwriting, claims, finance, technical pricing, operations etc.
- A very good appreciation of key insurance business applications and processes (policy, claims, finance, etc), data management and reporting.
- High understanding of key operating models such as onshore, off-shore, near-shore, outsourced, with the ability to identify and manage the impact and inter-dependencies on existing and future models in the design and delivery of key initiatives.
- Experience in preparing the business model to accept changes such as defining transition states, migration paths, cut-over plans and business readiness acceptance
- Significant experience in the field through delivery and participation to large programmes of change that touched base systems, data, processes, organisation.
- Similar role performed in the past for a large organisation.
- A broad, organisational-wide view of the business and an appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying complex business and IT initiatives.
- Comfortable in challenging positions and assumptions, making sure the right decisions are taken for the organisation regardless of strong vested interests that might exist within the various change initiatives and their stakeholders.
- Extreme attention to detail to be able to capture nuances that might have a detrimental effect - maybe years down the line if not addressed promptly - being able to perform forensic analysis in areas such as:
- Scope definition
- Inter-dependencies, assumptions, constraints
- Key Design decisions and their impact long term for the business
- Requirements and design
- Ability to outline the "big picture" from detailed analysis findings, communicating appropriately to senior management, to enable them to take informed decisions on direction of travel.
- Comfortable in dealing with complexity, uncertainty and evolving business requirements and constraints.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships
- Ability to prioritise and execute against critical deliverables
- Track record of delivering against tight timescales in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, multi-tasking skills and a 'can do attitude'
- Ability to work in an analytical environment, identifying / anticipating issues and taking accountability for mitigating actions
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Securing timely results in a fluid environment whilst dealing with competing demands
- Ability to deliver from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and where appropriate, escalate issues to resolve inhibitors
- Pragmatic and solutions driven
- Sense of personal ownership for delivering successful outcomes
- Good standard of industry, business and commercial awareness
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the well known Insurance business. Please apply for immediate consideration.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.