This role is working within the Lloyd's of London market and requires the role holder to have a good understanding.
The purpose of the Business Data Analyst role is to assist in the delivery of Data Strategy by documenting data "at rest" and "in motion" across all business systems. The role reports into and supports the Data Architect.
- Business analysis experience with a data bias, including knowledge of business mapping and modeling processes as well as the inherent strengths and weaknesses of business analysis methods and implementation approaches
- Experience of building and maintaining: Data Dictionaries, Data Models (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), Data Flows
- Experience of Reporting and Data Visualisation tools (specifically PowerBI and SSRS) and other OLAP technologies.
- Knowledge of Data Management tools or platforms (e.g. Business Glossary, Data Quality, Data Cleansing etc)
- Knowledge of the Lloyd's Market (and the US Admitted market), its regulatory requirements and the impact this may have on proposed solutions or business changes
- Good understanding of systems and applications of the Insurance Underwriting and Reinsurance industry within the Lloyd's Market e.g. PAS, Claims, Exposure Management systems etc
Experience of some of the following:
- Back-office underwriting systems, in particular Subscribe S2000 (NITL)
- Claims management systems
- Bordereau systems, in particular Watertrace BDX
- Exposure management systems
- Enterprise or Financial Data Warehouses
- Understanding of the Lloyd's of London and company (re)insurance markets preferred.
- Understanding of best practices Data Architecture Principles.
- SQL Server/T-SQL experience
- Experience of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS SQL Server technologies
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.