Catastrophe Research Analyst
Salary depending on experience, up to £65,000
My client, part of a large international insurer are looking for catastrophe research analysts at all levels to join their model research and evaluation team in London. You will work on multiple lines of business and perform research and evaluation requests which will define the firms view of catastrophe risk to inform future decision making.
This role is currently accepting a wide range of candidates with varying expertise, you will be trained on the various tools and practices however a minimum of 1-2 years experience within a relevant catastrophe role is required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Evaluation and assessment of catastrophe flood risk models.
- Analysing and validating catastrophe model outputs.
- Producing evaluation reports.
- Lead the design, planning, coordination and production of relevant model sensitivity analyses for different territories.
- Research flood-specific topics as requested by clients
- Communicate effectively with team members and junior members, providing training where necessary. Liaise with offices and teams world-wide and participate in business travel where required.
- Collaborate with model vendor experts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of programming in R, Python or equivalent
- High level of competence with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in visualising spatial data (R, ArcGIS/QGIS, Python or equivalent
- Experience in risk assessment, climate change, catastrophe modelling and/or re-insurance industry
To apply please contact Thomas Knights at Eames Consulting Group.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.