A leading savings and investment company is currently looking for a Category Manager - Procurement & Supply Change Management to join their team in London. The role is responsible for supporting the delivery of either the IT or Professional Services, HR and Marketing Category Plan and buying activity.
- Supporting the delivery of the category strategy for indirect spend, driving efficiencies and savings for the business and supporting delivery of business strategy and third party supply chain control.
- Accountable for delivery of procurement projects driving efficiencies and savings for the business.
- Work closely with the Senior Category Manager to ensure the category leadership supports key corporate objectives for the organisation.
- Influence and give advice to key stakeholders to support business alignment with overall procurement strategy, and increase business maturity in understanding and managing relevant commercial and operational risks.
- To actively manage procurement projects using project tracking methodology, updating in a timely manner to support reporting requirements.
- Support delivery of continuous improvement within the procurement team, including identifying opportunities and realise value through the effective use of strategic cost management tools.
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Relevant professional qualification (CIPS) with practical procurement industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to cut through information and draw out key trends.
- Good knowledge of strategic procurement and category management theories and concepts, financial risk and liability.
- Experience working in a financial services or services based procurement function.
The role will involve daily interaction with other functions and key stakeholders at all levels consequently, it is essential that you have exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.