This global leader in financial service solutions are seeking an analytically minded governance candidate to join their Central Compliance function. Providing support to the Monitoring & Advisory functions this role will perform surveillance activities including data sorting, MI analysis and reporting.
Key responsibilities will include
- Obtaining access to business systems, extracting and presenting clear data results
- Analysing data, interpreting the findings, highlighting risks, patterns and trends
- Create, develop and maintain enhanced MI reports on monitoring findings
- Monitoring and tracking actions
- Create and develop Central Compliance oversight dashboard pack/s
- To review and interpret other reports/ ensure data obtained from the appropriate source and consistent
- Some designing, testing, training and implementing of systems
- Develop a strong understanding of Group policies and framework
- Assisting in the collation of information for regulatory returns and the collation and submission of approved person applications
- Support the wider Compliance objectives
- Ensuring the appropriate escalation of significant compliance weaknesses to compliance management and taking responsibility for ensuring that any issues that arise are followed up and resolved appropriately
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships with the other control functions and liaising, as directed, to ensure information is shared as appropriate and to ensure there is no significant overlap of work
- Attend meetings to present reporting results
- Forming good working relationships with the wider Compliance team across the business
- Assisting in compliance/business projects as required.
Experience & Qualifications required
- Degree level. It is highly likely that the job holder will also have a relevant professional qualification - legal, accountancy or business, e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills; both orally and in writing
- Proactive in approach
- Team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organised and methodical
- Commercial awareness - a commercial and pragmatic approach to managing compliance
- Highly IT literate - must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel.
- Ideally knowledge/understanding of regulatory and corporate governance
- Professional experience within an insurance environment or within a highly regulated business environment is desirable but not essential.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.