A unique and highly commercial opportunity to join this growing FinTech business as they embark on a period of growth across the North America region; well-suited to an experienced FD or CFO looking to work in a genuinely entrepreneurial business where they can have influence and a seat at the table or alternatively a Controller or Head of Finance looking to step into their first number 1 role.
The company is headquartered in Europe but boasts an impressive book of business in the US, with headcount continually growing year on year (circa 150 people at present) and plans to grow via acquisition in the future.
The remit of this position is simple: to upskill and professionalize the existing finance team so that it becomes value-adding and to support the local CEO and Board as a trusted adviser and business partner on commercial and strategic matters.
Please note the preference is for candidates already based in the greater Chicago or Illinois region as opposed to those re-locating from another State.
Detailed accountabilities are as follows:
- Responsible for the financial well-being of the organization, by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans and directing staff.
- Develop a financial strategy for the company by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources and developing action plans.
- Supporting broader strategic objectives with meaningful management information and analysis.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting and keeping on top of upcoming changes.
- Instill a culture of continuous process improvement - 'outcomes rather than output.'
- Improve and upgrade the current financial reporting and month end process.
- Establish strong and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Commercial & Financial
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Responsible for creating value-add internal and external commercial analysis, from looking at ways of improving systems or optimizing cost to supporting revenue generators with meaningful analysis and KPIs.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Manage the cash balance and working capital to meet financial commitments and manage cash flow efficiently; Carry out the issuing of debt, managing investments and other liquidity related decisions.
- Working with the controller to oversee financial reporting and the annual audit.
- Support the Global Group in achieving targeted regional cost reductions and projects.
- Leadership of a finance team of 10+; attract, develop and retain the best finance talent including succession planning.
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions and departmental needs.
- Create a collaborative, ambitious team culture delivering consistently high performance.
- Degree educated in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance; CPA or MBA a distinct advantage.
- At least 10+ years or equivalent in a senior Finance leadership position, ideally with experience of working for a company operating in the Technology / SaaS, Fintech or wider Financial Services.
- Strong corporate leadership experience with demonstrated examples of improving processes and driving change within an organization.
- A blend of financial reporting/GAAP experience in addition to strong commercial exposure.
- Proven experience of managing, developing and leading a Finance team during a period of change.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.