A Multi-national Bank here in London are looking to appoint a Chief Risk Officer (SMF4) to be based here in London. This person will responsible for overseeing all risk-taking activities across the bank and reporting to the CEO
Risk Management along with approved Risk Management Frame Work and Risk Appetite including ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP.
Review of weekly, monthly, quarterly reports, MI risk dashboard to management /RCC.
Monitor maintain and update the Risk register and manage the incident register, its analysis and learning so that the similar incident does not recur ,
Regular monitoring of various portfolios of assets including investments vis a vis the market , credit , concentration and other relevant risks,
Monitor and manage the liquidity risk, ensure liquidity is adequate as per the ILG provided to the bank
Articulate and disseminate key risk issues with relevant recommendations for risk mitigation to the departments.
Develop and implement robust credit risk management systems, procedures and controls with the objective of identifying, measuring, monitoring and mitigating the key credit risks facing the Bank.
Monitoring adherence to various credit risk appetite limits both internal and prudential caps such as large exposures limit, counterparty exposures limit, country exposures limit, and sectoral limits, risk rating wise limits, secured and unsecured exposures etc.
The Mid Office functions which monitors the activities of the Bank's Treasury (including operational, market and credit risk functions)
Regular MIS- presentation of portfolio analysis to the management highlighting portfolio distribution across rating, product, sector, country, top exposures, irregular & overdue cases and unhedged exposures.
Strive to incorporate risk management capabilities using best practices followed in the industry and regular training to staff members.
Involvement with project specific assignments as may be required from time to time.
Setting up of stress testing framework to stress test Bank's credit portfolio.
Annual review of Bank's ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery& Resolution Plan.
Risk appraisal of business proposals as per Credit/Market/Operations perspective by participating in Credit approval committees as a mandatory member.
Key skills/ experience;
- Understanding of Risk Management Frameworks & Risk Appetites of similar Banks
- Experience/ Understanding in Credit Risk - counterparty, Exposure limits, Country risk, Internal Cr Rating;
- Experience/ Understanding in Market Risk- FX, Money Market, Fixed Income (Bonds), Investment Portfolio;
- Experience/ Understanding in Liquidity Risk- Regulatory Stress Scenarios, LCR, including AL mismatches;
- Experience/ Understanding in Operational Risk- Risk of Systems and Processes, people, Individual departments under RCSA ( Risk Control Self-Assessment) including Operational resilience
- Experience/ Understanding in Cyber Security Risk ) including Cyber resilience
- Experience in handing Regulatory -ICAAP & ILAAP, Monitoring of Capital, Liquidity and other threshold conditions
- Experience in Conduct Risk and enterprise risk;
- Experience in Mid office function: monitoring the risks.
- Previous experience of working as Secretary to Risk & Compliance Committee of the Board
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen to appreciate and optimise risk return profile of diverse products and processes.
- Ability to challenge and convince, independently and constructively, senior management, peers or other relevant staffs, to conduct business with the desired risk return profile.
- Ability to analyse proposals in detail, from a range of angles, while never losing sight of the 'big picture' and propose creative and constructive solutions to assist the business to achieve returns commensurate to its risk profile
- Good Knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.