An international bank is looking to appoint Chief Risk Officer (SMF4) in London. This function shall be responsible for overseeing risk-taking activities across the enterprise and report directly to ED & Deputy CEO.
- Dynamic Risk Management along with approved Risk Management Frame Work and Risk Appetite including ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP.
- Review of weekly, monthly, quarterly reports, MI risk dashboard to management.
- Monitor maintain and update the Risk register and manage the incident register, its analysis and learning so that the similar incident does not recur ,
- Regular monitoring of various portfolios of assets including investments vis a vis the market , credit , concentration and other relevant risks,
- Monitor and manage the liquidity risk, ensure liquidity is adequate as per the ILG provided to the bank
- Articulate and disseminate key risk issues with relevant recommendations for risk mitigation to the departments.
- Develop and implement robust credit risk management systems, procedures and controls with the objective of identifying, measuring, monitoring and mitigating the key credit risks facing the Bank.
- Monitoring adherence to various credit risk appetite limits both internal and prudential caps such as large exposures limit, counterparty exposures limit, country exposures limit, and sectoral limits, risk rating wise limits, secured and unsecured exposures etc.
- The Mid Office functions which monitors the activities of the Bank's Treasury (including operational, market and credit risk functions)
- Regular presentation of portfolio analysis to the management highlighting portfolio distribution across rating, product, sector, country, top exposures, irregular & overdue cases and unhedged exposures.
- Strive to incorporate risk management capabilities using best practices followed in the industry and regular training to staff members.
- Involvement with project specific assignments as may be required from time to time.
- Setting up of stress testing framework to stress test Bank's credit portfolio.
- Annual review of Bank's ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery& Resolution Plan.
- Attending to queries from internal and external auditors.
- Risk appraisal of business proposals as per Credit/Market/Operations perspective by participating in Credit approval committees as a mandatory member.
- Assist other departments in the preparation and review of Policy and Procedure documents with emphasis on the Risks associated with their business.
- Must have / understanding of Credit Risk.
- Must have / understanding of Market Risk (FX, Money Market, Fixed Income (Bonds), Investment Portfolio)
- Must have / understanding of Liquidity Risk- Regulatory Stress Scenarios, LCR, including AL mismatches
- Must have / understanding of Operational Risk and Cyber Security.
- Regulatory -ICAAP & ILAAP, Monitoring of Capital, Liquidity and other threshold conditions.
- Conduct and enterprise risk.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of a diverse range of industries, corporates and geographies.
- No visa sponsorship provided.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.