This role has been set up to support the clinical team with delivering world-class analytics.
The role of the engineer is twofold:
1. Personally designing, developing, and delivering the underlying technical solutions to store, optimise, and exchange data across and in/out of the companies systems, including but not limited to
- Data architecture and engineering
- Database building
- API development
2. Contribute to the wider effectiveness of clinical operations' agenda by delivering robust, constructive review and support of all our technical activity
The role is critical for the business. You will likely have experience in all of the areas above and be an early-mid career professional looking to really make your mark in a challenging role with a fun team. You will enjoy working with rich datasets, cutting edge technology and help shape new data projects in an innovative company that helps people live healthier lives. The right candidate will possess a desire to work in fast-paced environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines. Travel will be required, typically on a fortnightly basis between our different UK Office locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems/Sciences/Maths
- Proven experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, data management and data delivery, database and ETL technologies
- Experience using languages/tools/ databases such as SQL and NoSQL, R, Python, etc.
- Strong technical experience in designing and delivering data in BI warehouse and/or Big Data Lakes, supporting on premise and cloud architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies
- Hands-on/technical experience with high proficiency in Big Data technology and toolsets
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining machine learning APIs
- Extracting information from API's and web services into warehouse environment
- Experience building end to end simple applications that interface with legacy systems
- Experience working with data scientists or quantitative/statistical analysts
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or similar
- Flexibility to travel between our different Office locations
- Prior experience on Clinical datasets
- Prior experience on web development tools for prototyping purposes
- Prior experience on Big Data appliances like Netezza, Cloudera, Hadoop etc.
- Prior experience in using Agile methodology
- Understanding of data architecture & modeling
- Previous insurance or financial services industry experience