The AWS Cloud Engineer will fulfil a pivotal role within the IT function, being the technical authority for the Cloud framework whilst remaining hands on as a technical support.
The engineer will lead initiatives and provide technical guidance in order to effectively develop and deploy applications to AWS, maintaining best security practices and IT Infrastructure.
Key Skills & Experience
· Project planning, management and delivery skills within the context of a broader Cloud and/or cyber security program - 3 - 5 years' experience
· IT Management - Several years of combined IT and security experience
· AWS Certifications
· ITIL knowledge
· In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills
· Financial services experience is preferable, ideally within a challenger bank or financial technology ('FinTech') organisation
· Experience working within a 'cloud-first' and primarily an outsourced business environment.
· Hands-on public Cloud Computing and Security experience
· Solid knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture principles and practical experience of building Cloud environments
· Strong knowledge of network and security engineering
· Ensure effective security measures of the IT and Cloud environments
· Develop standards, processes, procedures and guidelines for IT and Cloud infrastructure management
· AWS Cloud configuration management and monitoring storage and alerts
· Research and implement new technology to compliment both IT Services operations and a defence-in-depth strategy
· Architect and delivering new environments and services
· Security in the Software Development and Release Lifecycle
· Ensure secure and dependable connectivity to services
· Incident response
· Backup and Disaster Recovery
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.