GCP Cloud Engineer
London (Hybrid, dependent on the client's needs)
£90,000 - £110,000
The client, is driving the digital transformation of the world's leading financial institution. Holding strong consulting and implementation skills including sectors such as industry and insurance, across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering and artificial intelligence. They are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help build the expanding Azure, AWS and GCP businesses. The role will be within the cloud practice and there are opportunities to work on projects on any of the 3 cloud platforms.
As the cloud engineer you will :
- Use your established cloud engineering skills to provide hands-on expertise, ensuring the outcomes meet the highest technical standards in a GCP cloud environment
- Have the ability to manage complex technical cloud engineering deliverables to meet program requirements
- Provide a strong technical, architectural and design skills to meet the highest standards
- Understand the development practices in a DevOps culture increasing collaborations across the operations
- Be able to balance best of breed technical implementations with the commercial/ business schedule and be able to work within budget
- Strong stakeholder management skills so that you can drive your projects through to completion, ensuring that everyone is on board with the new solution
- Strong eye for detail to ensure that any errors are spotted and resolved
Key skills needed :
- A strong knowledge of Windows & Linux based systems
- GCP engineering experience
- Experience with DevOps
- Background with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code; Terraform, ARM templates, Cloud formations, Deployment manager, YAML or PowerShell DSC
- Some knowledge in Puppet, Chef or Ansible is advantageous
- Knowledge of the cloud core services
- Experience of basic security controls; Firewalls, Policy, ACLS (NSGs, VPC service controls) IAM, Encryption
- Demonstrate the experience in cloud-automation and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to demonstrate experience across a range of DevOps tooling
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to reach out, apply today using the apply now button!
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.