My client is an international general insurance and reinsurance group specialising in commercial insurance.
Based in London, within the department of Information Technology and reporting into the Head of Technology Change, this role is required to deliver a variety of technical projects focussing on Cloud migration.
About the Role
My client is currently undergoing a major programme of digital and infrastructure investment, modernising its entire IT estate and moving to the latest technologies. This has included the introduction of Microsoft cloud computing service Azure.
They have a large programme of work ahead of them involving the migration of all their applications from their corporate-used legacy data-centre into Azure, where they will continue building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centres.
The Project Manager will be managing these migrations throughout.
Team headcounts and budgets you'll be working on will be of various sizes as individual projects dictate, however they will typically land in the region of 2-5 people and up to £300K. You can also expect to be frequently using 3rd party or offshore resources for delivery.
Ideally you'll have in the region of 5+ year's project management experience in a technologically forward thinking environment. As the work ahead will have a long duration of years, this role would be most suitable to candidates with experience working on long-term projects.
Technical expertise is not expected, but experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Application migration
- End-to-end management in large scale, long-term migration projects
- Projects surrounding data centres, data warehouses and data lakes
- Cloud technologies (Azure or AWS)
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence as a function
- Agile environment
- Managing stakeholders and third party supplier relationships and familiarity with outsource arrangements
The following qualifications are preferred but NOT essential as my client use their own adaptations and will train as necessary:
- Prince2 or a similar recognised Project management qualification
- Agile project delivery experience
- Degree Level educated
- Team player, who is adaptable, understands the organisational needs and is able to manage and motivate a team comprised of individuals with diverse skills and differing needs
- Well organised, realistic and reliable
- Authority and skill to establish good working relationships and influence decisions at all levels of seniority within the company
- Initiative when appropriate and ensures that the correct people are involved to reach a suitable decision
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in the IT department
- Shares information and knowledge with colleagues
- Self-motivated and resilient and able to operate independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.