Cloud security architect
London, Hybrid (depending on client's needs)
My client is driving the transformation of the world's leading financial institutions. They are proud of their international mentality and focus on their staff's growth. They are seeking a enthusiastic cloud security technologist to join and help build their rapidly growing Hybrid Cloud Security Consulting and Delivery team. The successful Cloud Security Architect will lead cloud security engineering teams across a variety of complex client projects. The successful Cloud Security Architect will be working with some of the smartest people in business and technology on difficult, but rewarding projects in a team of like-minded individuals.
- Lead cloud security engineering teams delivering hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions on client engagements and internal projects whilst providing thought leadership to handle solution design
- Provide leadership by authoring technical and opinionated blogs, articles and white papers
- Recognise evolving security technologies and assess appropriateness to improve client solution or strengthen client offerings
- Balance best of breed technical implementation with the commercial schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Impact, employ, improve and operate stakeholder relationships on client engagement up to the C suite
- Support client services and recognise client prospects
Competencies and skills needed:
- Google Cloud/Azure/AWS (qualified in one or more of these cloud platforms)
- Strong familiarity with modern application architectures and cloud platforms
- Practical knowledge securing cloud foundation services such as compute, network, storage, databases as well as build, deployment and operations services.
- Experience architecture and enabling cloud security services for hybrid cloud environments including IAM, account/resource access policies, key management, firewall rules and monitoring alerts.
- Practical knowledge of container and Kubernetes security and strong familiarity with multi-tenant architectures using service mesh (Istio, Consul)
- Applied knowledge of advanced security products for threat detection & intelligence, cloud workload protection and SIEM integration.
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Establishing rapport with different types of people
- Detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the capacity to help produce and maintain a vision for our solutions.
- Ability to think ahead in order to create an effective and appropriate proceeding for self and others
Preferred skills and competencies:
- Cloud Architect, Network Engineer and Security specialisations
- CISSP, CCSP, GIAC (qualified in one or more security neutral certifications)
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.