A global top tier bank is looking to add a Co-head of Quantitative Risk and Stress Testing to their office in Dublin. This is a fantastic senior opportunity to be the main person on the ground in Dublin and report into senior stakeholders across London and the US.
Quantitative Risk & Stress Testing is responsible for market risk and counterparty credit risk models – as well as other model types – used for regulatory capital calculations and internal risk management measures. The team develops models, conducts model tests and analysis, and also provides analytical support to business and risk management with regard to risk and capital allocations.
The successful candidate will directly support the franchise’s management of market risk and credit risk as well as their appropriate and accurate reflection in advanced regulatory capital requirements calculations. As such, the role will entail top-level exposure across all businesses.
- Support for regulatory capital model approvals and set-up of related risk management processes for expansion in Dublin, including demonstration of appropriateness of models for CEP.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory regime applicable to CEP in Dublin, responsible for governance of IMA and IMM model permissions granted by authorities in respect of market and counterparty credit risk regulatory capital requirements
- Involvement in analysis and interpretation of key regulatory requirements
- Build-up of local expertise in independent risk models for market risk and counterparty credit risk
- Oversight QRS market risk and counterparty risk modelling teams in Dublin
- Oversight of regulatory/other models-related deliverables for CEP, including remediation of findings and weaknesses found in internal (e.g., validation and internal audit reports for CEP and external examinations (e.g. examination reports of the CBI/ECB regulatory authorities)
- Ensure adequate and appropriate ongoing performance assessments (OPA) are performed on risk models used by CEP, based on the banks infrastructure and tools, in line with local regulatory requirements, guidance, and expectations
- Participation in model governance/other committees, at country, regional, and global levels, as required
- Provision of ad-hoc model analyses to support local management
- Building on your analytical and technical background, we expect you to lead projects and assignments of high complexity.This is a hands-on role, suited for an experienced professional who can combine deep technical expertise with a broader skillset of managing stakeholders and driving a strategic agenda.
Experience and skills
- 10 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years in quantitative risk management
- Excellent academic background, including advanced degree (e.g. PhD) in quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
- At least one programming language (desirable)
- Strong communication skills and exceptionally good at stakeholder management at all levels
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills & proven ability to solve problems independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the firm
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Management experience (either as a line or project manager)
- Exposure to standard market products and models
- Direct interaction with regulators on model-related topics
- Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and change, specifically those from Basel and European regulatory authorities
- Market risk and/or counterparty credit risk (highly desirable) or other financial model development or validation
Please apply or get in touch with Bradley Handelar from Eames Consulting to discuss in further detail - 0207 092 3250 / email@example.com