A boutique Mayfair based private equity fund has created a new opening for a Commercial Analyst. This highly business facing role would suit someone with strong excel skills who is looking for a role that will be largely ad hoc in nature. Accounting qualification are preferred but by no means essential.
The business operates in a high growth area of private equity and has seen headcount and assets under management double in the last few years. Finance is a small and intimate team who are firmly embedded in the business and as such you need to have excellent communication skills and an adaptable personality.
The role is incredibly diverse to say the least and will encompass:
- Commercial analysis supporting the investment team; this could be basic scenario or 'what if' analysis and/or more complex investment analysis that requires strong excel skills. Most of the work involves helping the front office understand, interpret and analyse potential investment opportunities in the lower mid-market range.
- Internal financial analysis; currently the firm only has basic internal management information with the CFO keen to develop more robust internal analytics that would feed into the Board report.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and involvement in process improvement or project work.
The types of people we're keen to speak to would be:
- Someone with a strong grasp of excel - pivot tables, sum ifs, basic macros. You'd need to be comfortable with some data crunching and pulling together of basic financial models and you're likely to get random requests on almost a daily basis.
- You could be someone who's worked in front office but looking to move to something more support orientated.
- An accounting background is preferred - likely from industry - and we'd consider people from financial services or commerce and industry. You could be someone who enjoys the MI and analytics side in a similar small company or perhaps a frustrated number in a bigger corporate who wants to escape.
- A hands on person who is happy to get involved in a variety of tasks in a fluid working environment. The company is high entrepreneurial and you need to be comfortable working with some degree of unpredictability. The plus is that you'll be sat next to the Partners and get plenty of exposure to strategic and commercial decisions.
Salary on offer is £50-60,000 base plus benefits and exceptional bonus.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.