I am currently working on an interesting opportunity with one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms. They are looking to appoint a Compliance Business Partner for their retail/personal lines division. The company is one of the top 10 brokers in the world but offers a full range of training programmes aimed at supporting you in further career development.
The compliance team is very well respected both inside and outside the organisation. You will be working closely with the Retail Compliance Manager as well as the Head of Retail Compliance to ensure all regulatory requirements are being met by the personal lines division (high net worth individuals, property/household, liability, and car etc.) This is a high performing team and it is expected you will be able to demonstrate (CV/application) and articulate (interview) the following:-
- How you have put in place systems and controls to deliver policy and advisory support within a retail/personal lines insurance setting
- What compliance projects you have led/supported on
- How you have monitored regulatory changes and analysed what impact they will have on a retail/personal lines insurance firm
- How you have balanced compliance risks with commercial considerations in order to minimise financial and reputational loss
- How you are seen as a trusted advisor within the business
(Applications should at least cover some/if not all of the above. The client would also consider somebody who works within a 1st line operations team looking to make the move into compliance.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have to be an individual who has extremely strong communication skills as dealing with and liaising with senior stakeholders across the business is imperative. You must have a proven track record of delivering on process improvements as well as engaging and influencing people at all levels of a business.
Key requirements (PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within a retail/personal lines insurance setting
- Experience of being in a business facing advisory role
- Relevant professional qualification or degree preferred
- Good attention to detail