I am currently working on an interesting opportunity with one of the world’s largest general insurers. They are looking to appoint a Compliance Business Partner for their Property & Casualty division. The firm has operations in 54 countries and has won multiple awards for outstanding service over the last 5 years. The company has an excellent track record and history of investing in its people. They will offer you the opportunity to develop your business, technical and management skills with various bespoke, one-day and longer term courses certified by recognised external bodies.
The compliance team is very well respected both inside and outside the organisation. You will be working closely with the Head of Compliance Advisory to ensure all regulatory requirements are being met by the commercial & personal P&C division. The business has not had a dedicated business partner previously and you will need to establish yourself as a key point of contact and trusted advisor quickly. Initially, you will be looking to conduct a deep dive review of the business unit in order to establish what systems and controls are in place and which elements pose the greatest regulatory risk. Longer term, you will have to establish an excellent compliance culture and way of working within the 1st line.
The above is critical so you will have to be an individual who has extremely strong communication skills as dealing with and liaising with senior stakeholders across the business is imperative. You must also have a proven track record of delivering on process improvements as well as engaging and influencing people at all levels of a business.
This would be a good role if you had ambitions of one day becoming a Head of Compliance. This role would you give you the opportunity to demonstrate how you have made a post impact on a business and implemented change.
This is a high performing team and it is expected you will be able to demonstrate (CV/application) and articulate (interview) the following:-
- How you have put in place systems and controls to deliver policy and advisory support within a general insurance setting
- What compliance projects you have led/supported on
- How you have monitored regulatory changes and analysed what impact they will have on a an insurance firm
- How you have balanced compliance risks with commercial considerations in order to minimise financial and reputational loss
- How you are seen as a trusted advisor within the business
(Applications should at least cover some/if not all of the above. The client would also consider somebody who works within a 1st line operations team looking to make the move into compliance.
Key Requirements (PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within a General Insurer
- Experience of being in a business facing advisory role
- Relevant professional qualification or degree preferred
- Good attention to detail