A global Asset Management firm, is looking to hire a Compliance Manager into their EMEA team. The key purpose of the role is to provide advisory services to the UK & Irish regulated entities and other EMEA jurisdictions.
The role will cover the institutional business which includes UCITS & AIF fund management, portfolio & fiduciary management (pension funds etc.) and other services such as FX hedging.
- Analysing regulatory developments for their business impact and advising senior management within the EMEA team appropriately.
- Maintaining and updating the compliance framework for all policies and procedures.
- Delivering training to the relevant stakeholders within the EMEA business.
- Dealing with regulatory queries and providing technical regulatory guidance globally to the firm’s Group entities.
- Reporting and investigating any regulatory breaches and resolving in a timely manner.
- Working with the Product Management team in developing new or restructuring existing products.
- Overseeing the quality of compliance advisory support given by third party advisers.
- Preparing reports to the various EMEA boards and Board committee meetings.
Skills & qualifications
- Direct experience working in advisory compliance in the asset management sector.
- A strong understanding of UCITS and AIF (Irish funds) is essential, as well as being able to digest and translate complex new regulation into business requirements.
- Excellent EU regulatory knowledge (e.g. MiFID, EMIR, AIFMD) and good knowledge of FCA rules (COLL, FUND, PRIN, SYSC, COBS etc.)
- Educated to degree level and relevant, additional qualifications are beneficial (IMC, CISI, ICA etc.)
- Cross-jurisdictional regulatory knowledge is preferable (i.e. Ireland) and experience of Central Bank of Ireland’s implementation of UCITS.
- Report-writing and policy writing skills and an awareness of securities trading, fund administration and handling of regulatory breaches is advantageous.
- First-rate interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to communicate to senior level and across multiple locations.