My client is part of one of the world’s largest insurance groups with underwriting divisions focused on general insurance, specialty, health & life and reinsurance products. They have recently been voted “top companies to work for” by investing in their employee’s development, training, accountability and responsibility.
Regulation is one of the biggest threats to an insurance firm in today’s climate and the group has actively recruited some of the best people in this space over the last couple of years. The compliance oversight & assurance team is now looking to recruit a compliance analyst to assist the wider team in providing assurance to the underwriting divisions that business is being conducted in accordance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who has some financial services compliance, risk management or audit experience and is looking for a position where they can establish themselves in a global company and develop their expertise within this field.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Carrying out day-to-day monitoring activities as per the annual oversight and assurance plan
- Monitoring business transacted via reporting and interpreting on relevant metrics
- Conducting regular reviews and assisting in thematic and business reviews
- Identifying, testing and monitoring regulatory controls
- Assisting with the preparation of reports to boards and committees
- Degree-level academic qualification
- Previous compliance, risk management or audit experience within the financial sector (please note that purely KYC/CDD/Onboarding experience will not be considered)
- Some knowledge of the UK regulatory regime and agenda
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build good relationships
- Good analytical thinking