This is a diverse role working within the Compliance Function that involves interaction with all departments across our UK platform and global branches. The primary role of the Analyst is to support the Compliance Officer and Head of UK Compliance in the completion of key compliance controls. These include maintaining the licensing framework for our Company Market Insurer and its branches. Providing support on trade and economic sanctions regimes impacting the group, understanding Lloyd’s requirements and responding to general compliance queries including the implementation and reporting of regulatory changes impacting our branches.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the UK Platform’s insurance and reinsurance licences by ensuring the timely and accurate production of all necessary licence renewals and associated filing requirements, preparing any new licence applications and providing licencing support t
- Assisting in implementing and maintaining the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, including Responsibility Maps, Regulatory References and Senior Manager applications.
- Playing a role in the maintenance and delivery of our Sanctions framework predominantly responding sanctions queries
- Assist with the compliance requirements and queries arising from our UK branches, and where appropriate maintaining the local policies and procedures and having an understanding of the local regulatory requirements apply.
- Understanding how the regulatory environment relates to our business
- Assist in producing and maintaining Core Compliance Policies and procedural documentation, where required.
- Supporting the team’s processes, data analysis and reporting capability
- Supporting and coordinating in the preparation of regulatory returns
- Produce and develop dashboards and other reports for boards, committees and management
- Provide project support for Compliance initiatives
In completing the above tasks it is expected that the Compliance Analyst will:
- Act as a focal point for compliance matters
- Assist in raising compliance awareness throughout the business
- Participate in compliance initiatives as required to support the timely completion of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Provide support for the completion of non-financial regulatory returns and associated electronic submissions
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the Compliance Teams’ core processes and provide support where needed
Skills and knowledge required:
- Law degree or equivalent
- Intelligent and enthusiastic applicant with a desire to learn more about Compliance and willing to operate and improve the Compliance department’s core processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience or knowledge of the Lloyd’s and London Market would be desirable
- Compliance/regulatory process experience is also desirable