Operating as an international insurance and reinsurance business through a number of worldwide regulated carriers and intermediaries. This role entails delivery of operational activities within the Compliance function, as directed by the Compliance Manager. The Compliance function sits specifically in the second line and serves to set policy, provide advice and challenge and monitor implementation.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Work under the direction of the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance to provide day to day guidance and support to the business
- Support the Compliance Manager as and when required on specific activities and projects
- Help ensure that all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively appraised and communicated across the business.
- Provide organisational support to the team by assisting with coordination of department meetings and tracking actions.
- Help develop and maintain a central repository of regulatory information for the Boards and directors to access.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legal and market practice.
- Perform ad hoc compliance-related projects as required
- Assist the Compliance Business Partners in the successful delivery of the annual Compliance Plan.
- Support management with business change and operational initiatives to achieve compliance in a cost effective and business friendly manner.
- Provide input into the development of consistent and appropriate Compliance policies and procedures, sensitive to local regulatory requirements
- Ensure that actions and communications arising from external parties (e.g. regulators, Internal Audit) are properly tracked and completed
- Assist with the production of management reports to various stakeholders across the business.
Skills and Experience required
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Well-organised, able to manage work load
- Ability to balance commercial considerations with regulatory principles and risk appetite
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- High attention to detail
- 1-2 years' experience working in a Compliance department of a regulated financial services company and/or degree education
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.