Specialist global insurer who have developed a global reputation focusing on speciality insurance: aviation & aerospace, energy, marine, property, credit & political risk and reinsurance, are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join their compliance function.
Reporting to the Head of UK Compliance, the role represents an exciting opportunity to learn about Compliance and become involved in all aspect of Compliance within a specialist insurer.
- Clearing financial crime and sanctions screening alerts, on a daily basis.
- Reviewing regulatory and commercial developments and providing updates to the team.
- Assisting in the planning and completion of key and ad hoc projects.
- Responsibility for maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar.
- Responding to Broker TOBA requests and answering queries.
- Responsibility for filing TOBAs and maintaining and
- Dealing with routine correspondence, general departmental queries, administrative tasks and monitoring the Compliance Inbox.
- Maintain an awareness and appreciation of team members' day to day activities to support and provide assistance at all times.
- All matters undertaken by the compliance team in supporting the Compliance Plan and Objectives.
Key knowledge and experience required -
- Compliance experience within the general insurance related sector
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support success and timely delivery in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrates personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations.
- Uses 'lessons learned' and 'what works well'.
- A team player with strong interest in the performance of the business as a whole.
- Professionalism and strong personal integrity.
- Professional approach with a strong desire to learn
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Have the ability to develop awareness and communications at all levels within the company
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word. PowerPoint and Excel
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.