My client, a specialist Insurance Lloyds broker are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join their growing compliance team.
This is an exciting opportunity to really develop your career in compliance and gain experience across all facets from horizon scanning, monitoring to financial crime while working closely with the business and senior stakeholders. The role will predominantly support the Compliance Officer in their day-to-day responsibilities supporting the Broking team in the London office, and occasionally their global offices.
The culture is collaborative, supportive and sociable and the business is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role would be a great next step for a candidate with previous compliance experience within the insurance industry. The successful applicant would be encouraged to write the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) exams and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Assist the Compliance Officer to maintain the compliance framework for certain a number of global entities, with a focus on UK.
- Undertake day-to-day work to deliver the compliance monitoring plan including, but not limited to, overnight sanctions screening, contract certainty checks and Continued Professional Development (CPD) monitoring.
- Support the Compliance Officer in the review, drafting and negotiating 'Terms of Business' and confidentiality agreements, with a view to being self-sufficient in this area.
- Support the brokers in the completion of Know-Your-Customer (KYC) checks for new clients.
- Support existing clients in the completion of KYC checks for new and ongoing relationships with insurers.
- Update, draft, maintain compliance manuals, compliance registers and internal know-how.
- Maintain and monitor the timetable of all regulatory deadlines, ensure that relevant staff are aware of the filing deadlines and follow up where necessary.
- Horizon scanning including changes in sanctions regimes, data protection matters and key regulatory change.
- Support the Compliance Officer with internal training and education on compliance issues.
- Assisting generally with regulatory matters arising in the course of our business.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the insurance sector
- Good literacy, numeracy and analytical skills. Ideally educated to degree level.
- Competent use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential).
- Good attention to detail, organised and reliable.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and contribute as part of a small team.
- Ability to manage own workload and self-starter.
- French or Dutch language skills would be highly beneficial
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.