Great opportunity to join the compliance assurance function of this global leader in risk consulting. Expanding team with flexibility to work outside London in their regional hubs.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake Compliance Assurance reviews to a high quality across our UK entities and ensure they are completed in accordance with agreed plans and timescales.
- Ensure that there is conformance with the Compliance Assurance process and assist in its development.
- Complete all aspects of Compliance Assurance review activity, to include:
- Pre-review planning and business notification
- Collation and analysis of business MI and selection of samples
- Meet with relevant business colleagues and conduct enquiries as appropriate
- Undertake thorough relevant testing to assess control environments
- Provision of clear / appropriate feedback to business on conclusion of review
- Completion of written reports to a high standard with little amendments being required.
- Working papers to be comprehensive and well-structured with supporting evidence to a standard where the Compliance Assurance function is not open to criticism from regulators and internal / external auditors
- Tracking of actions with appropriate escalation, including the reporting of breaches
- Assist with the compilation of the annual Compliance Assurance plan.
- Build and maintain supportive and professional relationships with senior management and business functions.
- Raise awareness and provide support and guidance to colleagues on relevant compliance requirements and standards.
- Work effectively as part of the Compliance Assurance team ensuring active contribution to developing and maintaining supportive relations with the team.
- Undertake additional project work and targeted reviews
- Actively contribute to the achievement of team and departmental goals/objectives.
Prior knowledge and expertise:
- General insurance, life/pensions or investments industry experience
- Previous experience in a compliance function / audit role within a UK regulated financial services company.
- Good working knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations e.g. FCA Handbook, Data Protection Act 2018, Money Laundering Regulations 2017 etc
- Knowledge of regulatory issues facing the general insurance and the life, pensions, health & benefits and investments industries.
- Knowledge of compliance assurance or audit good practices
- Ability to analyse FCA rules, guidance and principles and access their application in the business.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information gathered effectively to draw conclusions and propose well-reasoned solutions
- Ability to build constructive and supportive relations with the business units
- Ability to plan and organise own work load / time effectively
- Being able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel if required
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.